Many companies are unaware of the benefits and the importance of PPC campaigns and SEO have to offer. With many key similarities it can be very intimidating to not understand the difference.
PPC vs SEO- both need a strong website with little technical errors, to receive optimal results; including but not limited to: easily understandable content, relevant metadata and quick page load speeds.But where do they differ?
PPC vs SEO – What Are They:
SEO: SEO (search engine optimization) is your silent servant. SEO helps you climb the ranks without spending too much money monthly. This is a more lengthy process than PPC, but with more optimal results.
PPC: PPC (pay-per-click) is ideal for businesses that want to increase traffic and conversions quickly. A little more costly, but has a quicker rate of getting conversions.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the continual process of optimizing your site to help gain organic traffic and obtain a high position in the search results of Google or Bing.
The ranking of your website is determined by many factors, such as technical aspects like site speed, as well as content related aspects. Having complete and thorough content is crucial for rankings. Ranking well on Google demands extensive research and a long term strategy focused on every aspect of your website.
Benefits of SEO
The benefit of SEO can be summarized as targeting relevant keywords and increasing quality traffic. It is an inbound marketing strategy, meaning the methods are centered around making it easier for your audience to find your site based on their search queries.
SEO is often more likely to bring more visitors to the website thus leading to higher conversions than PPC. 71.33% of searches result in a click on an organically ranked site on the first page of a search engine, than a paid ad.
What is PPC?
Pay per click (PPC) is a form of paid marketing, with multiple approaches and platforms to reach your target audience and increase brand awareness.
PPC has multiple platforms such as:
- Search Ads: An add that typically displays at the top of search results (the most popular)
- Display Ads: Often a lower cost per click, these ads are shown across numerous websites and are typically banner ads with pictures and a short sentence.
- Shopping Ads: Often will show up in search results with a product, (i.e. clothing) that the consumer searched for
- Video Ads: Similar to display ads, these ads are shown across numerous websites but are typically shorter videos than the ones that can be seen on TV.
- Remarketing: Online advertising that enables sites to show targeted ads to users who have already visited their site. Remarketing, also known as retargeting, can dramatically increase your conversion rates and ROI.
Benefits of PPC
To summarize the benefits of PPC is simply boosting traffic to your site, quickly. Having to pay per click can become costly, but the ROI (return on investment) is typically greater. Having a measurable ROI (return on investment) is a great benefit PPC offers. PPC can be a long term solution, but it is recommended to not be your only form of marketing. It is very beneficial for businesses trying to increase awareness or businesses as they work on their SEO.
At All Costs
SEO and PPC both have the same goal – to increase traffic and conversions to your site. Contact DigilinkSEO today to see how we can craft an expert strategy custom tailored for your company.